Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Champions League Semifinal part 1

The first semifinal is wrapping up. Barcelona is outplaying Chelsea and Chelsea is packing the back, it's sad really. Aliaksandr Hleb just rushed an opportunity in the box, it's my first time seeing him play since his Arsenal days.

This is my first time truly saying that I hate the way Chelsea is playing. I usually expect Drogba to be isolated, but even the wings were isolated from much action. I really expected Barcelona to score a couple of goals, but somehow Drogba had the best chance of the game thanks to Rafa Marquez. And somehow he missed the second opportunity.






Besides Drogba flops like a retarded kid. Iniesta and Thierry Henry were tearing it up on the left side. Iniesta always cuts to the outside though, it gets too predictable. He could probably get more shots off otherwise. Henry was just slick. Outside of him getting besides himself in the box one time, he kept the defenders jumping. I don't want to admit to Chelsea playing good defense, but I forgot Messi was playing. They looked out of sync at times like when Essien headed a long ball out of bounds for a corner and the several times Bosingwa coughed the ball up. He looked utterly confused. Petr Cech played like ass too. But he didn't concede a goal so what is there to complain about in actuality.




Tomorrow, being an Arsenal fan, I want to predict an Arsenal win, but then I am a realist. All hope is in th hands of Fabregas, Adebayor, Walcott and Nasri. Are those safe hands? I really wish they could play Arshavin. I hope they capatilize on the amount of non-defense that Christiano Ronaldo doesn't play on the left side which is obviously Walcott's side. And with Patrice Evra on him, he should score at least one goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment